Experiencing China

'Experiencing China' is about ordinary life in China and the wealing and dealing of a Dutchman in the Middle Kingdom. Marc works for DuoArts Consultancy and the Empowerment Foundation, travelling between the Netherlands and China.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Experiencing China One Year Old!

Dear readers,

Today 'Experiencing China' is celebrating its first birthday. A time to look back and forward.



Celebrating my birthday in June in Beijing

15 November 2004 I wrote...
I am Marc David Brand and this is my first experience with blogging. I was born and raised in the Netherlands and currently live in Haarlem, a city 11 kilometres from Amsterdam.

What followed was a whole bunch of stories about China, the country that facinates me since 1998. High time was this year when I lived in Beijing for five months. Back home I decided to change this blog's former name 'Marc & China' into 'Experiencing China', which I thought of as more appropriate.

From November 25th till December 21st I will be back in the Middle Kingdom, and try to find some time to write about my experiences. "I'll try"... because a lot has changed since November 15th 2004. At that time I was, for a period, (delibarately) unemployed because I needed time to work on a couple ideas that I already have for some years, namely to set up a consultancy for Dutch small and medium sized companies in China or those who wish to do something in China. In January this year the company was founded, but one step needed to be taken first, that is, studying Mandarin in Beijing. In July I returned and actually really started with my work as a freelance consultant, and successfully! This time I visit China because of work I have to do for three companies.



The writing I do here is for you my readers. This year I had 1,512 readers from more than 25 countries (excluding 13 hits 'unknown' and 'the rest' 49 hits). Although lately I receive more commercial comments than interesting comments, I am very pleased with everybody that took the time to write to me. Keep reading this blogsite then I will promise you I'll try to be a better writer.

Xiexie nimen (thank you everybody)!

Marc

4 Comments:

Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

12:08 PM  
Blogger dewwy peterson said...

Hi,
Your blog just got added as my bookmark! because I think it's totally sweat.
I have a regular site about rashguards but it's just rashguards stuff.
Thanks for having this blog, it's just what I was hoping to come across. If you're willing, come give me some tips on my blog.

Have a super day.

12:08 PM  
Blogger eddygilbert1081 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

11:06 PM  
Blogger davidlando4445 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home